| #35679 posted 2017-09-20 @ 04:31 GMT |
After a few busy days and mainstream media attention the usual suspects over at #switchdev on EFnet managed to figure out how to trigger the hidden golf game (title: flog titleID: 01008BB00013C000) in the Switch console.
From plutoo on twitter...
This is a tribute to Iwata who was headed Switch dev until he passed away in 2015. He is also the one who wrote the Golf game back in 1984.
As far as corporate Easter eggs go this one had a humble reason, respect with hats off to Nintendo in honor of their fallen CEO Satoru Iwata.
How to launch
The checks for this only run while Home Menu is active, aka main-menu.
It checks exactly the following:
* Both Joy-Cons must be detached from the system.
* The same motion checks for both Joy-Cons must pass, at the same time. The motion seems to be a reference to this. Hold the Joy-Cons pointing forwards/downwards, then move Joy-Cons to a vertical position, and hold it there for a bit. The Joy-Con grip can be used for this.
* The month+day must match the date of Iwata's death: July 11. The loaded date originates from network-time-sync'd time, regardless of whether the user has it enabled or not. When the system was never connected to the Internet, it comes from the user-specified date instead. This is loaded from the time service-cmds, with the actual time-sync being handled by NIM.
* The output from a certain function must return 0, 1, or 2. On one system this was tested with, this check would pass.
* Lastly a nsam cmd is used. Probably to verify that the title is installed?
Once everything passes it continues to the code which launches flog. When flog is launched, audio is played which matches this.
Source: yellows8 @ http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Flog#Official_Launch
_____________________________ ____________ __________________ /\________
\ __________________ \ _____/____/ _ \ /_ /
/ / | l/ _/ ____) _/ _ \ \/ cREAM /
/______________l_______/ \______________\_______| \_ /________/
-+--Mo!-------------- \________/ ------------------- l_______/_____\ -----+-