NEOSD - The first Neo Geo flashcart released|
Posted on Monday, November 07, 2016 @ 08:59:12 GMT
modrobert writes: "Alex from the NEOSD team just sent information to me about NEOSD which is the first flashcart ever released for Neo Geo MVS. The official shop where you can buy this is neosdstore.com.
Razoola, the UniBIOS legend of fame, has written an extensive review over at neo-geo.com which I recommend reading. Looks like the NEOSD team designed a really compatible product, partial quote from Razoola: 'I have thrown everything that comes to mind to try and find a weakness in the way the NeoSD is working compared to the original Kof2003 cartridge. Something where I could say this is not 100% right in how the game plays but I cannot find anything. As it stands now there is only a difference I can think of. That is if I were to put the PCBs of an original KOF2003 and the NeoSD next to each other they look different. That is how close and impressive the NeoSD is.' Read on for official features...
* Compatible with all comercial games and homebrew
* 768 Mbits of flash memory, enough to hold the largest officially released games, plus some extra space for system software.
* ARM Cortex M4 at 168MHz, 1MB flash, 128KB RAM. For SD access, Flash programming, cartridge control and original cartridge protections emulation.
* 2x Lattice XP2 FPGA. Flash based, instant-on, low power, high density FPGAs. For bus decoding and multiplexing, flash access, bankswitching, programming help.
* Supports micro SD & SDHC cards up to 32GB. FAT32 with long file names.
* User friendly game selection menu with game screenshots.
* Instant boot to the last flashed game. It appears as an original cartridge to the board, and can use the bios softdips configuration as with the original cart.
* Runs original games unpatched, emulating the original cartridge protections in hardware.
* Ability to boot to the game flash menu from in-game (configurable trigger combination)
* Can be used for game development. Allows the homebrew games to acces expanded hardware features (S rom banking, increased bank area space).
* Updateable system software and firmware for future additions and features.
* Switch cartridge region without needing special bios.
* MVS board AES emulation without needing special bios.
New NEOSD user interface design by Alien^PDX.
Average Score: 4.28|