modrobert writes: "TheFloW has released 6.61 Adrenaline for PS Vita which is a tool that modifies the official PSP Emulator using taiHEN CFW framework to make it run a PSP 6.61 custom firmware. Quote: 'Thanks to the power of taiHEN, Adrenaline can inject custom code into the IPL which allows unsigned code to run at boottime.' Thanks goes to GaryOPA for the heads up. Read on for the whole release announcement...
- 6.61 Adrenaline -
A software that transforms your PS Vita into a two-in-one device
- About this release -
I have decided to release Adrenaline earlier than planned since I'm going to have
exams soon and therefore won't have time to do anything for the scene. I will take
a break until February and will return back to add the remaining features for
Adrenaline. Wait, what is remaining?
This release of Adrenaline does not have all features that I have been talking about.
The reason therefore is that I want to have a stable v1 release first before adding
These features are not included yet:
- 64MB RAM
- PS1 games support
- Ability to use ur0 as Memory Stick File System
Remember, those are only some small features, everything else is now available as
I have promised!
So yeah, you have read correctly: I'm going to take a break and won't do anything
for the PS Vita until FEBRUARY. Of course if there are major bugs in this release,
I'm going to fix them.
I hope that you understand and respect my decision. If not...
then I don't understand YOU ;)
- What is Adrenaline? -
Adrenaline is a software that modifies the official PSP Emulator using taiHEN CFW
framework to make it run a PSP 6.61 custom firmware. Thanks to the power of taiHEN,
Adrenaline can inject custom code into the IPL which allows unsigned code to run at
- What does Adrenaline currently support? -
Adrenaline has got most of the features that a real PSP with CFW has got:
- VshMenu, Recovery menu
- And more ;)
- What are the differences between Adrenaline and TN-V? -
- Ability to take screenshots using PS + START
- Ability to use the PS button as HOME button
- Ability to use a custom graphics filter
- No file system limitation by using a custom msfs.
- How to install Adrenaline -
* Install any PSP game/demo onto your PS Vita
(compatiblity for PS1 games as bubble will be added in the future).
* Shutdown your PS Vita and visit http://beta.henkaku.xyz/.
* Launch molecularShell, press START and set 'Enable unsafe homebrews' to 'On'.
* Reboot your PS Vita and then install VitaShell from molecularShell
* In VitaShell open FTP by pressing SELECT and copy the 'adrenaline' folder from the
archive and paste it at 'ux0:pspemu/'.
* Download the 6.61 EBOOT.PBP (for 1000/2000/3000) from the Sony server (google it)
and paste it at 'ux0:pspemu/adrenaline/661.PBP'.
* Copy 'ux0:tai/config.txt' to your PC and add the following lines:
Example of config.txt:
# You must reboot for changes to take place.
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
# this is for modifying the version string
Note that you replace TITLEID by the titleid of your PSP game
(the name of the folder where EBOOT.PBP is).
* Reboot your device and revisit the page I have mentioned above.
* Launch the game for which you have added the plugin's line to config.txt.
* Follow the instructions on screen.
- How to use the Adrenaline Menu -
Hold the PS button until the 'Quick menu' appears and choose 'Settings'.
This button will not open the official PSP settings menu as usually, but it will open
the Adrenaline Menu instead (the official Settings menu will be accessible within
As I have mentioned, the PS button will be used as HOME button, thus pressing it will
not let you go back to the livearea. The only way you can exit the PSP Emulator is by
clicking the 'Exit PspEmu Application' option.
You can switch tabs using L/R triggers, UP/DOWN to move, X/LEFT/RIGHT to change
options and START/O to close the menu.
- About custom graphics filtering -
Right now, you have got four different options you can choose:
- Official: If this is selected, the official filtering will be used
(the one choosed in the official settings).
- Bilinear GPU: The filter being applied by GPU does look a bit smoother than the
official bilinear filtering.
- Sharp bilinear: This filter is an improved bilinear filter where scanlines are added
to give it a sharper look.
- LCD3x: This filter has got vertical and horizontal scanlines and will make the
screen a bit darker.
- About right analog stick in games -
The right analog patch for GTA LCS/GTA VCS will be downloaded from here:
Don't think that any other games will now have right analog stick patch too ;)
- Donation -
If you wish to donate me some money, I'd really appreciate.
But just don't write thanks for PSP piracy xD
Click here to donate via PayPal
- Download with 661.PBP FIX -