||Playing loadiine games from HDD thanks to Mocha CFW
| #35130 posted 2017-02-12 @ 05:29 GMT |
I am making this little guide to help people so they can use loadiine with their fat 32 HDDs
You will need :
- New Mocha build https://gbatemp.net/attachments/mocha-cfw-zip.77927/ (Credits: Dimok and Shinigati)
- put Mocha.elf on both your Sd and Hdd (wiiu/apps/mocha.elf)
- Put HBL on SD and your HDD
- Put Loadiine in both your SD and HDD
- run mocha from HBL (browser or cbhc or haxchi) or Mocha directly from haxchi instead of using hbl.
Once Mocha has been launched, your SD card will no longer work (that is why you need to put HBL, Mocha and Loadiine in your HDD).
every homebrew trying to access the SD card will read the first FAT32 partition from USB.
so, put your games into :
USB1:/wiiu/games/Title/ content+code+meta folder here
Run HBL again and now it will list all homebrew located in usb:/wiiu/apps/
then select loadiine and there you go, all the games you put in your HDD are available to use.
- You can have now you wii, gamecube and wii u games in the same drive.
- Very easy to make, no need to do anything risky.
- Easy installation of games (is the same as putting loadiine ready games on a SD card but with a HDD).
- Very slow....
- The same problems and limitations you have with loadiine.
- Sometimes you can have problems when doing this by the browser (the console can freeze and you will have to restart it). I don't know if with Haxchi you can solve this.
[ This message was edited by modrobert on 2017-02-12 @ 05:29 GMT ]
_____________________________ ____________ __________________ /\________
\ __________________ \ _____/____/ _ \ /_ /
/ / | l/ _/ ____) _/ _ \ \/ cREAM /
/______________l_______/ \______________\_______| \_ /________/
-+--Mo!-------------- \________/ ------------------- l_______/_____\ -----+-
| #35226 posted 2017-03-24 @ 10:29 GMT |
I use mocha to play my out of region wup-installed games , its nice to see some more progress with it. If the fat32 support can be perfected, that would be pretty sweet, but for now, I'll remain on the sidelines and just watch |